Afro Future Future Career Accelerator Launches To Prepare Black Professionals for a Digital Future
Title: Global Startup Ecosystem (GSE) Launches Afro Future Accelerator – the World’s first Digital Afro Future Career Program
The Global Startup Foundation (GSF) is pleased to announce the Afro Future Career Accelerator – the World’s first and only global digital accelerator program created to engage, train, and prepare black professionals for the future.
Applications close October 1, 2021. Apply now via https://forms.gle/6ULieYxz2Rom9bJz6 .
For partnerships and sponsorship inquiries, please contact the team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Afro Future Accelerator: About the Benefits:
What is received post completing the program?
- Afro Future Accelerator Powered by Microsoft Certificate of Completion
- Access to skills training certificates and sessions by Linkedin, Microsoft and Google
- Attend all sessions to get the free partner credit perks from AWS, IBM Cloud, Google Cloud, Sendgrid, and more.
- Access to Accelerator Demo Day and Career Fair
- Access to 5000+ delegates via fall summit event schedule and network with pioneers of color from around the world
Afro Future Accelerator (Accelerator Sessions)
This free course program will cover several key themes and topics that include a practical mix of career strategy, personal development, and cultural programming. The 4 week digital career accelerator program focuses on 4 main areas:
- Future People: Let’s start with you, the individual. Personal development training for people of African descent. We cover personal branding, mental health, personal resilience, and self empowerment.
- Future Places: Let’s start with your environment. During these sessions we go over the powerful histories of black cities and civilizations from around the world across history. We also cover the current smart city urban planning innovations and plans for these cities of the future and new areas of creation.
- Future Possibilities: Let’s start with your ecosystem. Careers of the future will be radically different. These sessions will go over the future industry disruptions that will occur in healthcare, energy, education, finance etc and cover ways to tackle black unemployment and prepare individuals for black careers in the digital workforce of the future.
- Future Pioneers: Let’s start with your role models. Who do we highlight as influential leaders, icons and cultural pillars? These sessions will feature a range of speakers who will share #howImadeit stories, strategies and insights. This will include entrepreneurs, teachers, athletes, tech moguls and more. (Check out Afro Future Summit Series)
Afro Future Accelerator (Training Sessions)
Future in Practice Session > People:
- Professional Profile Branding 101
- Personality Test
- Resume, Cover Letter, Portfolio, Website Overview
Future in Practice Session > Places:
- Networking sessions with influencers in the Caribbean, Africa, and Latin america
- Future of Work and Remote Work Culture Bootcamp (Tools, Resources, Strategy)
Future in Practice Session > Possibilities
- Microsoft: Virtual Collaboration Tools- Linkedin Learning Path
- Digital Skills Training & Resources from Corporations, Government, and Private Institutions
- Entrepreneurship: Entrepreneurship> cover ideation, product development, business development, fundraising, customer acquisition, research and data management, website development, app development and digital marketing
- Professional Careership: Career strategy training, soft skills and leadership training centered on personal branding in the digital age.
- Microsoft Top 10 Jobs Learn relevant skills for jobs in-demand Linkedin Learning Path
Future in Practice Session > Pioneers
- Afro Future Summit +
- Afro Future Career Fair + Remote Work/ Fellowship Matching